The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Regret

The unexpected death of my 21-year-old cousin was a harsh reminder of how short life can be. We truly do not know what tomorrow holds for us, or those around us. I keep thinking if I would have known the last time I saw my cousin would be the last time, I would have made sure he knew about the saving grace of Christ. I heard this song by Casting Crowns a couple of days ago and the lyrics hit home like they never have before.

So maybe this time I'll speak the words of life
With Your fire in my eyes
But that old familiar fear is tearing at my words
What am I so afraid of?
'Cause here I go again
Talkin 'bout the rain
And mulling over things that won't live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance to tell him That You love Him
But here I go again
Trust me, when you lose someone you care about you don't want to find yourself grasping at straws...hoping he may have found Christ on his own...praying someone else shared the truth with him. There is one way to know for sure--Be that person who is bold enough to risk offending him for the sake of eternity.

1 Comments:

  • At November 26, 2007 11:25 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    AMEN!

    And let me just add one thing. Casting Crowns have a song for everything. They to me are a lay it out there band and I love them for that. It's not always pretty... it's REAL!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home