Full Moon
I had many people (including OB nurses) tell me that I could very likely go into labor on Monday because it was a full moon. I did some research and found out there is actually truth to that theory. Something about the moon's gravitational pull effecting the amniotic fluid. Interestingly, some maternity units even have more staff available during periods of full moon. At any rate, it has come and gone and I'm still pregnant. The next full moon is August 28th, but I'm really hoping I don't have to wait that long.


2 Comments:
At August 06, 2007 8:27 AM,
Kayla said…
I never heard of such a thing before! Interesting. I wanted to give you loads of credit for singing Sunday Jules. I was so tired at the end, but you are bopping around with energy not letting any duties down. What a WOMAN!!! I can't wait to see baby in your arms. I'm getting so pumped for my phone call.....don't forget us : )
At August 06, 2007 10:47 AM,
Amy said…
guess what other myth I heard recently there is some truth to: the heartburn/hair thing! The old wives' tale goes that if you have a lot of heartburn during pregnancy, baby will be born with a lot of hair--some researchers set out to disprove it and to their surprise it actually was true in the vast majority of cases!
here's hoping you don't have to wait until the 28th :) love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home