Still Here
It's been a crazy summer, but I'm still here and hanging in there. It seems every spare minute is spent preparing for this little one that will soon be invading our home (and lives). Actually, the invasion has already begun as we have baby "stuff" absolutely everywhere. Although the actual nursery won't be done for some time, the rest of the house is finally starting to come together. We're finishing up the last of the messy work, so the baby and I have made an agreement that he or she will stay put at least until after our carpets and upholstery are cleaned on Friday. I think I'm the only pregnant woman I have ever known that doesn't want to go early.
I'm actually feeling pretty good for being 39 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely getting to the point where I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, I just don't feel as awful as it seems a lot of women do at this stage. You know, when you just look at them and think "you poor thing--you look miserable." They are so uncomfortable that they are on the verge of cutting the baby out themselves just for the relief and will try absolutely anything to stimulate labor. I'm far from comfortable, but I'm not quite at that point yet, which makes me think I may have a couple of weeks left in me. *Side note: please never tell a pregnant woman how horrible she looks, but I'll get into that later.
I'm really going to try to get some pictures up from our busy summer, but I can't make any promises. Here is one from Mike on Saturday after he spent a good hour in the blazing attic re-wiring for light fixtures. What a man!
I'm actually feeling pretty good for being 39 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely getting to the point where I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, I just don't feel as awful as it seems a lot of women do at this stage. You know, when you just look at them and think "you poor thing--you look miserable." They are so uncomfortable that they are on the verge of cutting the baby out themselves just for the relief and will try absolutely anything to stimulate labor. I'm far from comfortable, but I'm not quite at that point yet, which makes me think I may have a couple of weeks left in me. *Side note: please never tell a pregnant woman how horrible she looks, but I'll get into that later.

I'm really going to try to get some pictures up from our busy summer, but I can't make any promises. Here is one from Mike on Saturday after he spent a good hour in the blazing attic re-wiring for light fixtures. What a man!


1 Comments:
At July 31, 2007 12:41 PM,
Amy said…
I can't wait to see all the house remodeling you've been doing. What I saw back in May looked so great. Hope you post pics soon--it may be a while before I get to see it in person!
Post a Comment
<< Home