The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, May 28, 2007

Hello World!

Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Our last ultrasound was about a month ago and I'm just now getting around to posting pictures. They aren't very clear because the little booger was moving around so much. The tech tried to get some 3D shots, but it was really difficult when the baby wouldn't be still for even a second. I wonder if this is any indication of what he or she will be like on the outside.

Speaking of "he or she," I may have caved and found out the gender if Mike would have let me. Our conversation on the way to the hospital went something like this:
Me: "So, we're absolutely sure we don't want to find out the gender...right?"
Him: "Well, I thought we decided we wanted to be surprised."
Me: "Okay, okay...just checking."

When we got there, we told the tech we didn't know and didn't want to know. Then when it was over I pressed her "so could you tell?" I couldn't stand the thought of her knowing when I didn't! She said she didn't even look, but I have heard since that she was probably lying so I wouldn't give in at the last second and regret it later. So, we offically won't know until he or she arrives.

Now I'm actually glad I didn't cave, and look forward to one of life's greatest surprises.

3 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2007 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha...that's too funny... mine and Andy's conversation went a little more like this...

    Me: Can't we PLEASE find out...it's KILLING me!!!

    Andy: No.

    Ruth: AHHH!!! I'm gonna find out and not tell you....!!!

    Andy: No.

    Ruth: You're so mean. You don't even have to be the one that's pregnant.

    Andy: No.

    Ruth: What's WRONG with you...you're like Hitler or something.

    Andy: No.

    Lol...so see.. you did better than me.

     
  • At May 31, 2007 2:37 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    LOL at Ruth :) I'm glad you didn't find out!!

     
  • At June 06, 2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    I was thinking about this and well, I think being surprised WOULD be awesome. I mean, not knowing what gift you've been carrying around. Especially your first child. I know I have been on the extreme, you should have found out side of things, but I can see not knowing. It still wouldn't have worked for me. I guess I have no patience and there was something special about being about to pray the last 5 months for the baby by name. I did a study on raising a son in that time and that stuff was all cool for me. But I appologize for saying you were crazy for not finding out, I can totally see the fun in it!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home