Another big change at our house is that Mike got a new job! What a huge answer to prayer! He was able to take two weeks off when I had Joel, which was awesome. However, shortly after he returned to work it became evident to him that he needed an immediate change. He was determined not to miss his son growing up, and we decided it was worth whatever sacrafices we needed to make for that to happen. So, we started praying even harder for a new job with a 3rd shift position. It is really a neat story how it all came about, but the way everything happened reassured us it was from the Lord. He really likes his new job. As of last week I am officially back at work part time, so when Mike gets home in the morning, he stays up with Joel (until nap time) while I go to work for a few hours. It is going amazingly well.
Since Mike wasn't able to take any time off from his new job, Joel and I took a trip without him. My good friend Kim has family in the Nashville area that she was dying to visit, and I really wanted to visit my best friend and her little one so it worked out perfectly. Kim's little boy Joseph just turned one, so he and Joel made the trip adventurous but we had a blast. It was so nice to have quality girl time with Amy. Her son Elijah was born two days after Joel--Amy has a great post about it on her blog.Now we are just trying to settle into a routine...or as much as is possible with a 3-month-old baby. It isn't always easy, but we are always blessed.
5 Comments:
At November 01, 2007 1:33 PM,
Amy said…
oh, I LOVE that new picture of Joel!! his eyes just pop--did you do a bunch of photo editing or did they just turn out like that? so beautifully big and blue :)
I am dying to see a photo of the pea pods--Mom saw it and said it was ADORABLE!
At November 01, 2007 1:59 PM,
Jules said…
No, I don't know how to do photo editing. Plus, it just seems wrong to edit your child, don't you think?
It was taken outside and his eyes always seem more blue outside. :)
Pea pod pictures coming soon.
At November 01, 2007 2:48 PM,
Kayla said…
YEAH!!!! A new update. Thanks. He is adorable. I can't wait to babysit.
At November 01, 2007 11:57 PM,
Amy said…
I figured with what you do at work you were probably photoshop-savvy. It would be weird to make your kid's eyes blue if they're brown or something, but I wouldn't say photo editing of kid photos is "wrong." I've seen tons of photos on Flickr where people who are great with post-processing just make photos of their kids "pop." It's not really about altering the way your kid looks--it's more just making the photo more vivid, making their eyes stand out more in the photo or whatever. Anyway, his sure are beautiful in that shot :)
At November 02, 2007 9:08 AM,
Jules said…
Ah, I see what you're saying. When I thought of people photo editing their kids I thought of them saying "my kid isn't good enough the way they are so I have to make them look better." It sounds much better to say you are "making the photo more vivid."
Post a Comment
<< Home