Thanksgiving
I always have a lot to be thankful for, but I am especially blessed this year. Here are just a few things I praise God for:
My son. If I would have known beforehand everything we would have to go through to get a healthy baby, I would have said I wasn't strong enough. The years of waiting were the hardest time of my life, but it was also when my faith was stretched the most. I have no doubt that I am a better mother today than I would have been then because of the growing I did in that trial. I also think I appreciate my baby much more than I would have. The first 6 weeks were rough, but even when I was running on less than two hours of non-consecutive sleep and he wouldn't stop crying, I hugged him (sometimes through tears of frustration) and thanked God that I had a baby in my arms--even if he was fussy. I still can't sing the song Blessed Be Your Name without crying because the words hit so close to home. Even if you know the song well, I encourage you to read the lyrics.
His Son. I can't imagine what my life would be without the Lord. I went through this battle for several years where I was constantly frustrated with myself because the gap between where I was and where I wanted to be seemed so vast. God has graciously shown me just how far he has brought me, and I thank him for constantly refining my rough edges. I still have a long way to go, but I am so thankful for the distance I've come.
My husband. When I married Mike I knew he was an amazing man, but even then I had no idea just how lucky I was. He is a hard worker, a good provider, an incredible daddy, an honest and loyal man. He is my teammate, my best friend, my comic relief, my encouragement, my leader, my better half, my rock. This past year he has pulled way, WAY more than his share around our house, and all without grumbling or complaining. He has taught me about true humility and self-sacrifice. He shows me how to not take myself so seriously and I am a better person because of him. Nothing brings me more joy than watching him with our son.
Our jobs. I didn't want to trust Mike when he accepted this new job because it was such a big change for us. He assured me that we would make it, and in time he would work his way back up. He has only been there 2 months and he's already done that. I am so proud of him! God is so good, and has truly provided for us. I also know just how blessed I am to have the job that I do. It is flexible, two miles from home, I work with all believers and have a wonderful, understanding boss. I am able to work just a few hours a day while Joel stays home with his daddy--what could be better?
My amazing family and friends. I don't know how people wander through this world alone. We were designed for community, and I don't know what I would do without all of the incredible people God has placed in my life.
I am truly blessed.


3 Comments:
At November 27, 2007 9:49 PM,
Amy said…
oh my goodness...he is so adorable, love the outfit :)
I am thankful for YOU!!!
At November 28, 2007 12:52 PM,
Kayla said…
Now that's a list of Thanksgiving : )
At December 08, 2007 12:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a great blog, and what a beautiful baby boy! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home