The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, March 19, 2007

Half Baked

I'm finally at the half way point--20 weeks. Time has passed pretty slowly so far, so I'm hoping the 2nd half of this pregnancy flies by. The baby weighs about 10 1/2 oz. now, and is about 10 1/2 inches long (head to heal). Still lots of growing left to do! I think he or she just went through a growth spurt, because for about a week or two I was hungry ALL the time. If I ate a meal, I was starving again an hour later. Luckily that has subsided.

As you can see, it's still kind of hard to tell from the front if I'm really pregnant. I see the looks..."hmm...is she pregnant, or just putting on weight?" It's a little more noticable from the side. I was actually really surprised at the difference when I compared this picture to the one we took at 16 weeks.

I'm feeling fantastic. There are a few minor aches and annoying inconveinces to deal with, but so far I can't complain too much. I am feeling the baby move more and more every day--I love it. It's not painful kickboxing yet, but just enough to make me giggle every time I feel it.

I wish I had a fast forward button so I could skip to August because we just can't wait to meet this little miracle!

4 Comments:

  • At March 21, 2007 8:41 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    You have totally reached the "AWW, she's so cute pregnant" stage! We are really excited to meet Baby Ward too. There's so much going on once May hits, hopefully it will feel like it's going faster then!
    What is Tom going to do when you are gone during FAIR SEASON????

     
  • At March 22, 2007 11:52 AM, Blogger Kendra said…

    You look amazing! I can't express it better than you how each time they move, it's like a little present. I want to laugh, smile, or tell someone each time it happens. Have a great day!

     
  • At March 22, 2007 12:11 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    YAY! You are SOOOOOO adorable!!! I think even from the front it's obvious you're pregnant. And you look great.

    I can't believe you think it's gone slowly so far! I'm amazed we're halfway done already (well, not *quite* for me). And, the kicks make me giggle too :)

     
  • At March 22, 2007 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I've always thought you were beautiful, but now you're gorgeous! You can just see how incredibly happy you are!
    I am still so overjoyed with happiness, and hearing about feeling the baby move makes me long for that again. Sigh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home