The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, May 21, 2007

Time Flies

I must admit, all of the sudden I find myself wondering where the time has gone. Suddenly we're down to less than three months until the arrival of this baby, and there are about a million projects that need to be completed before then! I don't know how on earth we are going to get it all done, but I suppose the baby won't know the difference--even if we don't get to everything. I will update soon with some progress pictures of the house.

I'm in the homestretch now--the final trimester. The picture above was taken a few weeks ago at 26 weeks (about 6 months). As a side note, I always hated when I would ask a pregnant woman how far along she was and she answered in weeks. Now I understand how confusing it can be to translate into months. I also find it annoying when parents refer to their children's ages in months (25 months? You've got to be kidding me). However, I'm sure my perspective could change on that as well when I am a parent. This baby is definitely growing bigger and stronger at about 2 1/2 pounds now. Sometimes I think I have a little kung-fu fighter in there.


It seems I have had baby showers to attend every weekend lately. I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to be pregnant at the same time as some of my best friends (including my sister). They have been a wealth of information and support. This picture was taken at Amy's shower a couple of weeks ago on her last trip to Ohio before the baby where we got to meet Jill's adorable baby girl Sophie. It's hard to believe that all three of us will be moms in just a few short months!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home