The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Checking In

I don't have much to report, yet I feel the need to update. On Sunday Mike is moving to 3rd shift for a week or two until things settle down at work. They are trying to eliminate a lot of the overtime hours. I have often wondered how much profit the factory could really be making when they are paying out so much in overtime. He's pretty adaptable, so it's not that big of a deal for him to switch for a while.

I am enjoying every last minute of these last few nice fall days before winter sneaks up on us. We got the replacement windows in the spare bedroom in (by "we" I mean Mike, Brian and Scott), but the drywall isn't hung yet. The plaster is all tore out; Mike just hasn't had time to work on it since he's been putting in 12 hour days 6 days a week. Consequently, we haven't turned our heat on yet because it would only be sucked out through that room. There have been some pretty cold nights and mornings! The good thing is that it motivates me to jump on the treadmill and get warmed up!

Bible study is excellent. Even when I feel kind of “blah” about the lesson that week, the class time is always so insightful and I have learned so much. Mike is back to helping with "Kids Blitz" on Wednesday nights, which he loves. He is still toughing it out for Friday night football games (though it’s getting too cold for me).


So there you have it…that's about it. Nothing earth-shattering or deep, just an update!

2 Comments:

  • At November 03, 2005 4:37 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    thanks for the update--I was waiting not-so-patiently for it :)
    glad to hear things seem to be going pretty well. love you and miss you!

     
  • At November 04, 2005 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey glad you updated, I was beginning to wonder if you fell off the face of the earth or something. Glad all is well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home