Porch of Praise
I am so excited about my new women's Bible study. It is called "Heritage Home," and is basically a blueprint for building a godly home.
This week's lesson, "Porch of Praise" stressed how helpful and necessary it is that we learn how to praise if we are to build a Heritage Home. Praise is the entry into a home filled with peace, contentment, and joy. What really struck me in this lesson were the "problems that prevent praise" i.e. complaining (guilty), ingratitude (guilty), negativism (guilty), and discontentment (really guilty). Ouch. I know some really positive people who are always so encouraging and uplifting. They praise God in all things and always seem content--whatever their circumstances. How I wish I could be more like this! Instead, I am usually sucked right into the negativity (oh yes, I can gossip and complain with the best of them). This is not the attitude I want in my home, but rather an attitude and atmosphere of praise.
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
Psalm 34:1
This week's lesson, "Porch of Praise" stressed how helpful and necessary it is that we learn how to praise if we are to build a Heritage Home. Praise is the entry into a home filled with peace, contentment, and joy. What really struck me in this lesson were the "problems that prevent praise" i.e. complaining (guilty), ingratitude (guilty), negativism (guilty), and discontentment (really guilty). Ouch. I know some really positive people who are always so encouraging and uplifting. They praise God in all things and always seem content--whatever their circumstances. How I wish I could be more like this! Instead, I am usually sucked right into the negativity (oh yes, I can gossip and complain with the best of them). This is not the attitude I want in my home, but rather an attitude and atmosphere of praise.
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
Psalm 34:1


2 Comments:
At September 22, 2005 10:04 AM,
Kayla said…
Powerful! I have hear dsuch good things about that study so far. I feel like I am missing out, but yet I know I am benefitting in all kinds of ways by doing my study with Josh this fall instead. Beth sent me an e-mail this morning about this lesson from last night too. Thank you for sharing what God is teaching and showing you because I am being blessed and challenged through your testimony.
At September 24, 2005 11:13 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you get to go to a good bible study. It is such a great way to grow. And to have support of fellow christian women is also great! I'm jealous!
Post a Comment
<< Home