Fantastic Visit
We had a wonderful time visiting Amy and Steve over the weekend in their new apartment. On Saturday night we went into Nashville and grabbed supper at Qdoba (and I finally got to taste for myself what all the fuss is about). It's kind of like a Mexican Subway, and though I was overwhelmed with the whole ordering process the food was delicious!
Then we headed downtown to the Wildhorse saloon. Mike and I had gone there when we were in Nashville last year and had a blast. Convincing Amy and Steve (who are far from country music fans) that they would have fun at a country line dancing bar was a challenge. They were definitely skeptical , but had a great time I think. The best part was seeing Mike and Steve line dance! The staff gives step-by-step lessons on stage, then we put it all together and add music. I couldn't drag Mike out on the dance floor last year, but he knew he was in trouble when Steve said "I will if Mike does." They were great sports and we all had so much fun.
And of course we couldn't go to Tennessee without catching a football game so we headed to Adelphia Coliseum on Sunday to watch the Titans play the Colts. It was unseasonably warm in Tennessee--we're talking 95 degrees and no breeze for over three hours of football. We got a little crispy. Despite that, and the fact that the Titans got slaughtered 31-10 we still had a really good time. Mike is pouting in this picture because they lost.
Sunday night Amy and Steve prepared a fabulous steak dinner for us. We had a fun, relaxing evening just hanging out and laughing. Monday morning after Steve left for work we let Mike sleep in while Amy and I went to Panera for some breakfast and girl time. It was such a fun visit and we can't wait to go back!


2 Comments:
At October 05, 2005 9:44 AM,
Kendra said…
Happy anniversary!
Sounds like you had quite the fun time. Wildhorse Saloon is loads of fun!!
We'll have to trade stories some time about Mexican subways. I went to one in Knoxville, and it is a trip!
Good to have you back.
At October 05, 2005 12:52 PM,
Amy said…
I love that picture of Mike pouting!! So funny! You also got a better pic of the four of us at Wildhorse than I did--Mike's eyes were closed in mine.
So glad you had fun. We had a GREAT time--yes, we enjoyed Wildhorse and I even told Steve I would take other guests there in the future :)
Love you girl! Thanks for coming to visit us!
Post a Comment
<< Home