Serious Athletes
My mom and I participated in the Black Swamp Benefit Bullfrog 5K Run-Walk on Saturday morning to benefit the Sunshine Foundation. This was the first time for either of us to do something like this so we were a little nervous, but figured if we could handle an hour of step aerobics and Pilates we could certainly handle walking/jogging for 5K. Side note: I like saying 5K because it sounds a whole lot more impressive than 3.5 miles, doesn't it?We tried to fit in with all of the die-hards with their pre-race preparations (picture leg stretches against the wall and such), but couldn't be serious long enough to pull it off. One girl actually asked us where the finish line was so she knew when to start sprinting. We told her we had been wondering the same thing for that very same reason...bwahahaha!
Now, I walk 3-4 miles down my own country roads several times a week with no problem, but I must admit that the element of competition lights a whole new fire under my butt. Unfortunately the streets weren't lined
with cheering fans to keep us going. And to my disappointment, Chariots of Fire wasn't played as we crossed the finish line. :-) We did pretty well and had fun though. We also got a ribbon and a t-shirt for participating--it's definitely something I would do again.PS. This picture isn't staged at all. I won...really, I did. :)


3 Comments:
At June 19, 2006 8:51 AM,
Kayla said…
Glad you decided to do it. If I had someone to talk to, I bet I could do it but I certainly wouldn't be running! You guys look great in that picture too! I don't know how you keep up the ambition to keep exercising month after month. I am so glad to have an excuse right now to lay on the couch!!!!
At June 21, 2006 5:03 PM,
Anonymous said…
You get it girl! :)
At June 22, 2006 9:33 PM,
Amy said…
DANG, girl...you look GOOD! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home