Bachelorette for a Week
Mike left this morning at 6:00 for his trip to the Gulf Coast (sleeping in for him since he's been going into work at 3am). After a little trouble with the truck first thing, all is going well now. They are staying at a church near Memphis tonight, and going the rest of the way to Mississippi after service in the morning. When I talked to him at 9:30 he was getting ready to go down to the gym to play basketball with the guys. It sounds like he was having fun and their group is already clicking really well.
He is pretty anxious for the work to begin. It is so exciting for him to be able to do what he loves and use his God-given skills to serve the Lord and help others. Please remember him and the whole team in your prayers. I miss him already, but I'm also eager to see what the Lord will do this week.
He is pretty anxious for the work to begin. It is so exciting for him to be able to do what he loves and use his God-given skills to serve the Lord and help others. Please remember him and the whole team in your prayers. I miss him already, but I'm also eager to see what the Lord will do this week.


3 Comments:
At February 20, 2006 9:09 AM,
Kayla said…
I hope the weather cooperates this week! It sounds awfully cold down there so far. I hope it warms up some. I bet Mike is loving this trip. I know Josh would have really liked to go as well. Stinking tests. You can give a call anytime you are bored! I haven't really talked to you in like forever.
At February 20, 2006 9:37 AM,
Jules said…
When I talked to him this morning it was already 50 degrees...so not warm by any means, but not as cold as it is here! The highs are supposed to be in the mid sixties all week--they are just hoping the rain holds off.
I have a lot going on this week so hopefully the time will pass quickly without him!
At March 03, 2006 3:12 PM,
Kayla said…
I wish you weren't so busy sometimes. I never know what's going on in your life until you post.
Post a Comment
<< Home