Girl Scout Cookies
I swear, girl scouts are evil trolls disguised as good little girls whose sole purpose in life is to sabotage my weight loss efforts. I was able to avoid the vicious little monsters this year and thought I was in the clear. Unfortunately, they ambushed my innocent, non-suspecting husband who came home with four boxes of the sinful treats, proudly exclaiming "look babe, I got your favorite kinds!"
I simply cannot resist Thin Mints or Samoas...especially Samoas. They are like cookie CRACK--covered in caramel and toasted coconut and dipped in chocolate. And oh, how the Thin Mints just melt in my mouth (I'm actually salivating just talking about them). Yep, that's right...chocolate covered crack. Do you know how hard it is to limit myself to a mere two cookies per day when the beast inside of me is screaming out to devour the entire box?
I'm growing weak and weary, so please rescue me and throw my pathetic butt into a 28-day program if you happen to see me on the street with a cardboard sign that says "will work for Girl Scout Cookies."


5 Comments:
At March 09, 2006 8:10 AM,
Kendra said…
You had me laughing out loud! I love you! :)
I am with you all the way. I managed to finish off a whole row and a half of the samoas in about ten minutes.
At March 09, 2006 10:21 AM,
Kayla said…
I was totally with you until my illness over the weekend caused me to become rather repulsed by the thin mints and PB sandwich cookies. Josh got the rest of those. However I haven't opened the samoas yet so those are ALL MINE!!! Ahh ha ha! (evil grin)
At March 09, 2006 11:00 AM,
Amy said…
hahaha..."cookie crack" :) thanks for making me laugh out loud this morning!!
caramel delites (get real, who invented the dumb new names like "samoas"--when *I* was a girl scout, they were caramel delites) are my favorite too. you can get thin-mint-imitations at the grocery store year round, but these beautiful creations only come around once a year.
I bought two boxes...luckily Steve loves them too and helps me eat them. at least they're small, and there aren't really very many in a box.
but after reading your blog post now I'm CRAVING a thin mint! thanks a lot!
At March 09, 2006 11:02 AM,
Amy said…
p.s., look on the bright side--what a sweet husband who knows and buys your favorite kinds. you know he had the purest intentions to make you smile :)
just tell yourself: take two out of the box and PUT THE REST AWAY IMMEDIATELY. make it your goal to stretch them out as long as you can since you know you only get them once a year. that will help you exercise self-control and moderation ;)
At March 09, 2006 12:17 PM,
Larisa said…
I got lucky....my hubby didn't come home with any cookies and I have said "no, thanks" to all the little beggers at every store I have been to lately!! :)
Ps...my favorites are the samoas also!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home