The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I am still recovering after a slumber party on Friday night with the jr. and sr. high youth group girls. 7 adults + 22 girls = a whole lot of estrogen and chaos in one place. It's hard to believe that I was ever that young and silly. When I was their age, I thought I defined cool. Guess what? I am no longer cool. I am old, and two hours in not nearly enough sleep for me to function on anymore.

Aside from the fun and silliness, we were also able to have some really good discussions about issues these girls deal with. Not only had I forgotten what it was like to be that age, but things have also changed a lot since I was in jr. and sr. high.

All in all, the night was a great success. We ate, we bowled, we gabbed, we made a mess, we danced, we played games, we stayed up all night, we dipped everything imaginable in chocolate, and we stirred up just a little harmless trouble. ;-)

Saturday afternoon Amy and I went to see Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Stranahan in Toledo. I didn't know much about the show beforehand, but was very pleasantly surprised (I "thoroughly" enjoyed it). Of course no visit with Amy would be complete without dinner at Subway. I definitely miss our weekly dinners from last year, but still cherish every chance we have to catch up.

1 Comments:

  • At March 13, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    WOW! What a weekend. You were busy. I don't think I can pull an all nighter anymore either. But it looks and sounds like you had fun trying!!!
    I didn't know Amy was home this weekend. I bet that was fun! MMMM SUBWAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home