The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lessons From Daniel

I have been learning so much from the life of Daniel. The first six chapters are full of all of the stories I've heard since I was a child--but there's so much more to them!

One of the major things that I admire about Daniel is that he lived his entire life above reproach. He was uprooted from his home and was a captive in a strange land. If I was in Daniel's shoes (or sandals) I would have freaked out. But not Daniel. In a culture that didn't honor God, Daniel still obeyed God's law. He didn't sit back, throw his hands in the air and say "well, you got me into this Lord so I'm just going to wait for you to get me out." No...Daniel was a doer. He used his God given intellect in every situation. In times of crisis he immediately turned to the Lord rather than panicking. He shared his needs with trusted friends who would pray and seek the Lord with him. He learned all he could about his new culture so he could do his work with excellence. He served the people, prayed for God's help, and maintained his integrity. He always gave credit to the Lord. He was diligent, disciplined, responsible and just a great representative of God.

How I long to be more like Daniel. Those who were jealous of him tried to dig up dirt on him, but they “could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent" (6:4). They wouldn’t have to look very hard at my life to find corruption, that’s for sure. Actually, it isn’t enough for me to long to be like Daniel. I can’t sit back and will or wish it into happening--I need to do something about it. If I want to be more like Daniel (and more like Christ), I need to become a doer.

5 Comments:

  • At February 11, 2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    great stuff!

    I saw the post you deleted...why did you think you broke your blog? :)

     
  • At February 12, 2006 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a great lesson! thanks for sharing.

     
  • At February 12, 2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    My template was doing that stupid thing again--when the post is too long it moves all my stuff on the left to the very bottom of the page. It seems to have no rhyme or reason since I have posts longer than that one.

    I just had to shorten the post and change fonts.

     
  • At February 13, 2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Wow, that study is powerful and all I am getting is your recap. I can't imagine how it is being in class and hearing others thoughts. I've noticed in my life that sometimes I know something and know I need to do something, but have a hard time starting or seeing it to completion. (I say that not to turn this responce to myself but so you will understand my next sentence without thinking I am saying you are horrible and need serious help) I will be praying for you that you can find actions in your life to take and see them through that will bring you closer to walking in Christ's shoes; and that Satan will be hopeless in his attempts to stop you.

     
  • At February 23, 2006 9:25 AM, Blogger tonymyles said…

    I really like that verse that says that Daniel kept on praying even when told not to. Pretty sweet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home