Speaking of Old Friends
I was able to get together with my good friend Ruth for supper last night. Although our busy lives don't allow us to catch up as often as we would like, whenever we do it is always a huge blessing. We have one of those friendships where it doesn't matter how much time has gone by--we can just pick up where we left off.Ruth and I were accountability partners in college. We met (at least) once a week and shared what the Lord was teaching us, shared our struggles, prayed together and really just kept each other in check. It is truly amazing to look back at all of the things God had done in our lives since then. All of the answered prayers are encouragement to me that some day we will be able to look back on the struggles we are dealing with now as more proof of God working in our lives and more answered prayers.
We went to a quaint little coffee shop called Cabin Fever after supper, and although they failed to make our lattes decaf (and I was up half the night), it was great fun. I'm so thankful for Ruth and her friendship over the years.


3 Comments:
At January 05, 2006 9:08 AM,
Kayla said…
Where is Cabin Fever at? I want to try this new coffee shop in Bryan but haven't yet. Although I have seen the muffins there and they are as big as your head!
At January 05, 2006 11:12 AM,
Anonymous said…
what cute girls we are.... ;)
It was good to see you again!
At January 05, 2006 4:36 PM,
Jules said…
It's in Defiance. It is very cozy and the coffee was good.
Post a Comment
<< Home