Happy New Year
Can you believe it? 2005 has come to and end and it is the beginning of a whole new year. We spent New Year's Eve celebrating with my family at Aaron and Larisa's house. It was our Christmas party that went right on into the new year. We had a great time playing games and just hanging out and laughing together.
This is the time when we reflect upon the past year and look forward to the year that is just beginning. We set goals and resolutions--striving to make personal changes and improvements. I'll admit, I have a few of my own (spiritual, physical, financial and general). To be honest, I was glad to put 2005 behind me and I look forward to this new year. You know, the whole "Auld Lang Syne " mentality. I'm not sure exactly what all of those words are, but if it means forgetting all of the junk of the previous year and moving on to better things...I'm all about that.I also find that this time of year can be sort of depressing. There are still many months of cold winter, I had to take down my Christmas tree and decorations (that is really sad to me), the days are short, I don't have any time off work in the near future...it's just sort of...blah, you know? So, I've started a list of some of the things I am looking forward to before spring. Let me know if you think of any others--I welcome all suggestions.
~ Bible study resumes on Wednesday (what better way to combat depression than by spending time with the Lord and growing with fellow believers?)
~ Aerobics is starting back up (another depression-buster...physical activity gets those endorphins flowing)
~ We have a gift certificate for a jacuzzi room that has to be used in January (and you can't beat swimming in the middle of winter)
~ Valentines day (it's a stretch, but may be an excuse for a date night)
~ Mike is moving back to 3rd shift in a couple of weeks while a new supervisor is trained (I know it doesn't sound like a positive thing, but we will actually see each other much more because he won't be on 12-hour days anymore)
~ My company Christmas party is some time in January (although last year we didn't get around to it until July or so)
~ The superbowl (I couldn't care less about the game--it's the "anti-superbowl" party with my mom and sisters that I look forward to)


3 Comments:
At January 02, 2006 10:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
Dinner with Ruth tomorrow night...that's something to look forward to! ;)
At January 03, 2006 8:27 AM,
Amy said…
cute pictures!
I have another suggestion for combatting the winter blues...more frequent phone conversations with your BFF :) I know I need those!!
love you girl!
At January 03, 2006 11:40 AM,
Jules said…
I can't wait to get together Ruth!
And I'm all about more frequent phone calls Ame!
Post a Comment
<< Home