There's Nothing Like Old Friends
I was blessed to get some girl time with my dear friends Amy and Jill on Monday night. They were home for Christmas and I'm so glad it worked out for us to meet for supper and catch up. Note: by "old friends" I don't mean aged...especially since they are both younger than me. :-) Don't get me wrong, new friends are awesome and I am incredibly thankful for the friendships that I have gained in the past few years. However, there is something so wonderful and comfortable about sitting down and just being able to pick right up where we left off. I don't need to give 15 minutes of back-story that goes back 15 years because they were there for it. We can just be completely open and real and that is so refreshing. I just love these girls—they are so precious and I truly cherish our friendships.


3 Comments:
At December 28, 2005 9:15 AM,
Kayla said…
That looks like a Subway backround??? It's really great that you found time to catch up with your friends. Those friendships that last for years are the ones to cherish most!
At December 28, 2005 10:59 AM,
Amy said…
Ahh! I loved being with you two sooo much! It was water to my thirsty soul!
Love you! :)
At December 28, 2005 1:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
oh my gosh! How is Jill doing? I haven't seen her in YEARS...literally. I'm glad you girls got to spend some time together, what fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home