The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, November 28, 2005

Time Flies

Thanksgiving weekend was good, but far too short. We hosted the Drewes dinner at our house on Thursday. It was a nice relaxing day filled with lots of food and football.

Friday morning was the annual mother-daughter early morning shopping spree. I think it's called "black Friday" because it's still completely dark out when all of the sales begin. We were on the road by 5:00 AM, shopped till we dropped, ate breakfast, and were back at mom and dad's house before noon! We wrapped some presents and watched a movie before I went home and took a nap. Mike and I went to the Archbold Christmas parade and put up our Christmas tree Friday night. Mike thought the tree topper should be his Tennessee Titans football helmet...that didn't fly.

I was so happy to be able to get together with Amy for lunch on Saturday. It was great to catch up with her, but our time was far too short and made me realize even more how much I miss our weekly lunches. Saturday night Mike and I headed to Edgerton to watch my niece Leandra's basketball game. Even though they lost, she was aggressive and showed a lot of heart (and has the bruises to prove it).

After church yesterday Mike had to get some sleep since he had to work last night. This is his last week on 3rd shift (praise the Lord)! He goes back to 1st on Monday, but will be on 12-hour days (7am-7pm). We had small group at Kyle and Sami's last night to wrap up the weekend. I can't believe it will be December already on Thursday! I am really looking forward to the two weeks off I get at Christmas--it sounds SO nice right about now!

3 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2005 8:27 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Julie!!! It was so great to hear from you on my blog! How fun. I've thought of you OFTEN! :)

    I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving. I'm REALLy glad that you and Mike are going to be on more normal shifts. How wonderful for you to spend more time together.

    Maybe I'll get to chat with you again soon...

    God Bless~!

     
  • At November 29, 2005 10:00 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Ha...I love it that two of my favorite people in the entire world are now friends :)

    It was so good to see you on Saturday. But I, too, miss our weekly dinners (we didn't have lunches, silly) like CRAZY!!! If only Steve would invent that transporter sometime really soon... :)

    love you girl!

     
  • At November 29, 2005 12:24 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    I wish insurance companies could shut down for 2 weeks. Lucky butt. I think I get one day this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home