It's a(nother) Boy!
Luke Arthur Ward arrived at 4:00am on December 18th (his daddy's birthday)! He weighed 8Lbs, 11oz. and was 20.5 inches long. We are adjusting to life as a family of four, which is made much more difficult when one of those members is a teething toddler. Two needy kids equals absolutely no down time for mommy.While I have a few minutes (or at least I hope to) let me just say that I love being a mom of two. Though there are definitely overwhelming moments right now, we still can't believe how blessed we are. I was honestly worried that I would not be capable of loving another baby as much as I loved Joel. Even when other moms reassured me, I had my doubts. I thought, "you say that, but no one has ever loved a child as much as I love mine." I am amazed at how much I love Luke already. My heart is so full I could just weep.
Joel is doing pretty well with him. He doesn't quite understand the need to be gentle, but he gives him a kiss every single time he walks by. He is also quick to run over whenever Luke cries to see what is wrong. Mike just went back to work this week. The nights are good unless Joel wakes up crying while I'm trying to nurse Luke. These molars that he is working on are brutal. Mike is such an amazing dad--I don't know how every other mom in the world survies without him because he is THE BEST!
It may be a while before I can post more pictures because I am not able to upload them on my home computer so this one will have to do for a little while.


4 Comments:
At January 08, 2009 8:52 PM,
Amy Deitemeyer said…
I know you think your kids are the best, but did you really think no one loves theirs as much as you love yours? :) You crack me up! I told you--I was worried too. I remember being terrified of not loving #2. And--if there's another--same thing!
Glad to know you're all doing well. I'd like to come for a visit sometime late January/early February. As soon as you're up to it, let me know!
Take care, Jules!
At January 09, 2009 5:57 PM,
Jules said…
Maybe that sounded bad. Of course I don't think that no mother loves their kids as much as I love mine...it just FEELS impossible since I love mine SO much. Sorry if that came off as arrogant. :)
At February 16, 2009 6:48 PM,
Unknown said…
Congratulations, Julie!
You have been blessed with your family.
At July 09, 2009 12:05 PM,
Unknown said…
I think it's time for you to update your blog. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home