The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Friday, December 05, 2008

Checking In

I definitely haven't been very faithful to this blog since I discovered Facebook. How is it December already? I can't believe that I am going to have another baby THIS month! I know our lives are about to be turned completely upside down once again, but at this point I am so incredibly uncomfortable that I just want the pregnant part to be over! I felt great all the way up to the end of my last pregnancy. I honestly thought that women must be exaggerating when they complained of being miserable...now I understand. I lie in bed at night and just want to cry because my back hurts so badly and I can't get comfortable. By the time I finally fall asleep, I soon have to get up to go to the bathroom and then it starts all over again. I am getting very little sleep these days. Most mornings after a bathroom break between 5 and 6 I am up for the day because I can't get back to sleep. Weekends are worse when I have to share the bed with my poor husband who has to put up with me tossing and turning all night. Did I mention I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore?

Although my body may be ready, my house is far from it. I am not one of those women who has a bag packed at 20 weeks. I will likely be throwing a few things in a bag when I'm in labor and on my way out the door. Hopefully we will be able to get a few things done this weekend so I don't feel quite so unprepared.


Yesterday Joel fell asleep in my arms for the first time in months (he usually doesn't take an afternoon nap at all). I was going to put him in bed so I could get some much needed housework done, but I changed my mind and took a nap with him snuggled up against me. I can't believe that my baby boy is about to be my big kid!

1 Comments:

  • At December 14, 2008 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! You posted a blog! :) I kept coming in here thinking you would be back soon. ;) I hear ya about how you're feeling, I remember it well, lol. I hope your last few days of being pregnant go well and you get some rest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home