The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Pros and Cons of Being Pregnant

Cons
- The constant peeing (seriously annoying)
- The sickness
- Uncomfortable sleep/lack of sleep (I HATE sleeping on my side)
- The hugeness
- Cankles (or Princess Fiona feet as Angel and I affectionately call them).
- Crying at the drop of a hat
- Constant blood work and doctor's appointments
- Progesterone suppositories (in my case)
- Waddling
- Little things hurt my feelings that normally wouldn't bother me
- Rude comments from random strangers (as mentioned in previous posts)
- General all over aching
- All of the worrying

Pros
- Oreos, ice cream, Mexican food, pizza...you get the idea (for someone who is always on Weight Watchers when I'm not pregnant, NOT counting calories is a beautiful thing)
- It is the only time in my life I don't feel like I have to suck in my gut
- People always let me in front of them in bathroom lines
- Afternoon naps are okay
- Expected weight gain (I got an "adda boy" from my doctor for gaining three pounds last month--that's definitely a new one)
- Others are more understanding of my emotional outbursts
- Mike spoils me even more than normal
- I don't feel guilty for ignoring the housework and relaxing
-The exciting anticipation
- Babymoons
- Feeling the constant kicking (there is just nothing more special)
- The amazing reward at the end


Did I forget anything?

2 Comments:

  • At September 23, 2008 6:06 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Here are two for your list.
    Con: Your butt widening and spreading even though nothing is growing in there.
    Pro: Everyone telling you that you look beautiful and you are glowing (even though you know sometimes they are lying)

     
  • At September 25, 2008 8:40 AM, Blogger Jules said…

    Both excellent. I just got the "you look so great" comment a few days ago when I CLEARLY did NOT look so great. I appreciated the lie though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home