The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Big "0-1"

I finally got around to uploading the pictures from Joel's 1st Birthday party. I had to wake him up from his nap as people arrived, plus he was working on another bottom tooth (which finally broke through this week) so was kind of grumpy, but we made it through. He didn't really know what to do with his cake at first, but once his cousin Johnny showed him how it was done he was on a roll (my sister was thrilled with me for that one). He was even nice enough to share some cake with his daddy. He got lots of fun toys and nice clothes for this winter (though his favorite part was the paper). After opening his presents he had fun playing outside with his cousins and showing off his new wagon. We don't plan on throwing a huge party every year so we wanted to make his 1st birthday really special. I still can't believe I am the mom of a toddler!






3 Comments:

  • At August 21, 2008 7:39 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    how fun! looks like you had a great time--got some great photos, too. happy birthday, Joel!

     
  • At August 23, 2008 5:13 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    You know, that wagon full of boys is SO cute! But I have to tell you, I honestly think that looks like trouble in a few years. And can you imagine if they all play football at the SAME time...every family get together will be football practice in the yard : ) (Dad's and all....)

     
  • At August 25, 2008 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww... so cute. Looks like he had a blast. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home