What to expect when you're least expecting it
Have I mentioned I'm pregnant? I'm pretty sure that most people who read my blog are already vaguely aware of this. I say vaguely aware because people like my sisters and my best friend say things like "I keep forgetting you're pregnant." Don't worry, so do I. Being pregnant with #2 is so different. When I was pregnant with Joel it was all I thought about from the time I got up in the morning until the moment I fell asleep at night. In fact, I dreamt about it most nights too so it was pretty much a 24/7 obsession. These days I am so busy chasing Joel around and monitoring his stick and grass consumption that I hardly have time to notice the other child sucking the life out of me from the inside. I just heard a story the other day about a girl who didn't know she was pregnant until a baby was actually coming out into the toilet. True story. I think she must have had another small child that consumed her attention. Also, people just don't get as excited for you when you're on your second or third (or 7th...right mom?). It's kind of old news.
So yeah, some time around Christmas we will be a 2-kid household. Crazy. We were completely shocked, but over-the-moon excited not to have to jump through all the hoops we did the first time. You know the cliche' "God has a good sense of humor?" I totally get it now. Nonetheless it was an awesome surprise and we are thrilled.
Speaking of surprises, Mike is determined to be surprised about the gender again. Couldn't you just wring his neck? I loved being surprised the first time, but come on now. I have two weeks to change his mind, but I don't think he's budging on this one. Oh well. This pregnancy is going so fast--I'm sure December will be here before we know it.
So yeah, some time around Christmas we will be a 2-kid household. Crazy. We were completely shocked, but over-the-moon excited not to have to jump through all the hoops we did the first time. You know the cliche' "God has a good sense of humor?" I totally get it now. Nonetheless it was an awesome surprise and we are thrilled.
Speaking of surprises, Mike is determined to be surprised about the gender again. Couldn't you just wring his neck? I loved being surprised the first time, but come on now. I have two weeks to change his mind, but I don't think he's budging on this one. Oh well. This pregnancy is going so fast--I'm sure December will be here before we know it.


4 Comments:
At July 23, 2008 3:42 PM,
Kayla said…
HA. I loved this post! You nailed it on the head with the second one. This is stupid but thought it would make you laugh; I remember once being pregnant (when I was getting fat but felt no movement yet) looking in the mirror butt naked and telling myself outloud, there is a baby growing in there, a real baby.
At July 24, 2008 10:27 AM,
Kelly said…
Wow...oh my goodness...craziness...this is so cool!!! (Just a few of the 15 phrases that popped in my head when I read your post.)
I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Joel is so adoorable. I loved looking at the pictures! :)
How blessed these 2 precious babies are to have a mommy that loves them as much as you do. :)
At July 24, 2008 1:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness! I had no idea! You are a brave woman, you are gonna catch up with me before we know it. :P At this rate we will NEVER see each other again. Lol. Well, TWO of mine will be in school in four week, (gasp) so my schedule will become decidely more open. (Hint, hint) ;)
At August 05, 2008 2:30 PM,
Jules said…
LOL, well I guess not EVERYONE knew. :) Thanks for the well wishes!
Post a Comment
<< Home