Noah Steven "Crowned in Peace"
I came across this blog when I was pregnant for Joel. It is the journey of an incredible family and their baby, Noah written from Noah's mommy's perspective. To understand Noah's story, you have to start at the beginning so I encourage you to click on the blog archives and keep clicking older posts at the bottom until you get to the first post. I sobbed and sobbed as I read about Noah. Mike actually told me I needed to stop going to her blog because it was upsetting me too much while I was pregnant. So I took a break from it for a while, but this family was constantly on my mind (and in my heart) and I revisited her blog after Joel was born. It is strange that someone I have never met could have such a profound impact on my life, but I really don't think I will ever be the same after reading their story. Having gone through so much to get Joel, I really felt like I had a lot of perspective...a deep understanding about just how great the miracle of a baby is. Still, when I was sleep deprived, depressed about nursing or just having a bad day I would hug Joel close and thank God for him as I thought of Adrienne. She would give anything for a "bad day" with her son. She has touched so many lives--not in a "aww isn't that sad" kind of way but in a life changing, faith-altering, point you to the cross kind of way. She is an amazing person, and inspires me to be a better mother/wife/Christian/human being.


4 Comments:
At April 14, 2008 9:40 AM,
Amy said…
oh wow. I've spent the last few days reading through the archives...I just got to January 2007 and sat here bawling and speechless. what a family. thanks for pointing this out. how did you find it so long after the fact?
At April 16, 2008 7:40 AM,
Jules said…
I was pointed to it through another blog about a year and a half ago. Isn't it just heart-wrenching? Especially now that we have little boys of our own...
At April 16, 2008 9:07 AM,
Amy said…
the ironic thing is, I went back and realized that a friend of mine linked to it in January 2007, right after Noah died. I just never bothered to go check it out--for various reasons, but mostly I suppose because I needed to read it more now.
At April 22, 2008 8:54 AM,
Anonymous said…
So I spent like three hours reading that a few nights ago. It was so humbling, and emotional, and beautiful. Thank you for pointing it out.
Post a Comment
<< Home