The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

You know you're a mom when...

...You catch vomit in your hands and it doesn't phase you. At a birthday party on Saturday, Joel got a goody bag that had those Gerber puffs in it. We haven't tried them, but gave him one to see what he thought (they are supposed to "dissolve" in the baby's mouth). He made a disgusted face and spit it out, which I expected because it was new. I gave it to him again and he gagged on it, then barfed up the sweet potatoes and bananas I had just fed him. By the way, it didn't dissolve. I guess we won't be trying those again any time soon. Speaking of baby food, a friend lent me this book (which I highly recommend) for making your own baby food. It is a lot easier than I thought it would be, saves tons of money, and is actually nutritionally superior to the jarred stuff.

Here are a couple of recent pictures. I was trying to get one of him in the shirt my friend embroidered, but he wasn't in the mood to pose. He got his first ear infection last week so he has to take yummy medicine to make him better. Other than that he is doing well. It is so strange to see him sitting up playing with his toys like a little boy.

By the way, I am trying out this new blog title. I thought it was appropriate (you know, since my last name is Ward). What do you think? I'm also looking for a new template because I'm bored with mine so don't be alarmed if you click on this page one day and it looks totally different.

6 Comments:

  • At March 05, 2008 12:42 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new title. so much more original...it's awesome!

     
  • At March 05, 2008 12:44 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    cute pics, too, btw. I was going to ask you if Joel has discovered his feet...E's new favorite thing is to grab them and suck on his toes when we change his diaper--so fun.

     
  • At March 05, 2008 1:18 PM, Blogger Kendra said…

    These pictures are ADORABLE! I love them!

     
  • At March 05, 2008 4:52 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    Oh yes, Joel loves sucking his toes. He also holds his feet during every diaper change...I think it is his way of helping me. :)

     
  • At March 05, 2008 8:53 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    I LOVE the new title! Hysterical! And oh, so true to real life. He's too cute and he's growing up so fast. I am curious about the "baby food book" but I think I'll be depressed with how much money I spent in the last 3 years.

     
  • At March 05, 2008 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww...why do they grow up so fast? He's so cute Jules!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home