The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Bjrrrr!


Bjrrrr :
Pronunciation: 'bah-jur
Function: interjection
Etymology: Semi-English, from Notrilly English brrr, jrrrr
1. Really really stinking cold
Related words: chilly, freezing, icy, frosty, bitter, wintry, frozen, arctic, about to turn into a popsicle and fall over dead
Antonym: hot

This phrase was coined by my sister Ashley and I, and very accurately describes the state of my office today. Our furnace is broken for the 2nd time in two weeks. It is 9 degrees outside and only 54 degrees in here. My teeth are chattering and it is pretty difficult to type with gloves on.

Don't you think no heat should = going home? I do.

4 Comments:

  • At December 08, 2005 11:27 AM, Blogger Kendra said…

    Amen!! Go Home!!! :) Or make some hot chocolate and take a bath in it!!!! :)

     
  • At December 09, 2005 9:29 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    BJRRRRR is right! Fifty-four degrees is too cold to type on a computer--you risk frostbite on your fingers and eventually gangrene, which would not only render you useless as an employee but would make Tom vulnerable to a lawsuit and all kinds of workman's compensation costs...Tell him sending you home is in his own best interests :)

     
  • At December 09, 2005 9:38 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    You go Amy.

    I have to say 60 is the limit. At 60 it's awfully chilly. 54 is much too cold for operation.

     
  • At December 09, 2005 2:04 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    Hmmm...frostbite, gangrene and lawsuits...very good arguments! I should have brought those up yesterday! Finally at lunch time he said I could just stay home but I ended up coming back anyway...that's a whole other story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home