The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, August 15, 2005

*Ahhhh*

On Saturday morning I experienced my first ever professional massage. As a gift for being the matron of honor in her wedding, Amy got me a gift certificate for an HOUR of massage (what a fantastic gift). She was home for the weekend so we were able to meet and go together. It was SO wonderful! After it was over I looked like a disheveled goof! My hair was all messy, my eyes were half open, my cheeks were flushed and I had a silly half smile on my face. If you didn't know better you would wonder what I was smoking in that room! Now that I've been spoiled, I know I will have to treat myself to a massage more often! It was so nice to catch up with my newlywed (and still glowing) friend and have lunch together. I’m really excited to visit her and Steve in Tennessee in October and see their new home!

I also had another "first" on Saturday...my first time eating at Fire Mountain. Lisa and I went with Aaron, Larisa and the kids and met Mom, Dad and Wyatt there. I've heard so much about this place that I was thinking "how good can it really be?" Let me tell you...it is THAT good. There is buffet table after buffet table of the most delicious food...not to mention all the yummy stuff on the grill…and don't even get me started on the desserts! Next time maybe I'll try to limit it to one dessert instead of one plate full. :) Seriously--it was REALLY good, and because we got there at 4:45 we got all the dinner food for the lunch buffet price (only $5.99)! It was definitely worth the trip. Mike was sorry that he missed it for a rained out tractor pull!

1 Comments:

  • At August 15, 2005 9:27 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    I had so much fun with you on Saturday! You did look kind of goofy, in a cute way :) Glad you enjoyed the massage!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home