The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Algae Water?

While eating at Mom's Diner last night I noticed the water tasted terrible. I had to add a few lemons just to choke it down. Later on at Titanic practice the water from the drinking fountain was the same way (I couldn't even swallow it--I literally had to spit it back out)! Then when I got home, my own tap water was equally disgusting. It literally tasted like mold. When it hadn't improved by this morning I called the village in a slight panic to find out what was going on and was told that all of those calls were being directed to the water plant. Ah, "all of those calls" must mean it wasn't just me. The guy at the water plant informed me that they were having "algae problems," but the water was still safe to drink. Algae problems??? It's safe to drink ALGEA water? No thank you. He said the problem should be cleared up in a few days, so I went to Wal-Mart and bought a few gallons of non-algae water to get me through.

1 Comments:

  • At June 15, 2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    hahaha...Jules, your post made me laugh out loud. MMMMMMM, algae. glad I got a coke at Mom's. I guess you weren't crazy after all! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home