The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Friday, September 02, 2005

Plague of the Bees

Imagine waking up to the feeling of something crawling on your face. Yeah, that's what happened to me the other night just as I was dozing off. No sooner did I reach to turn on the light when I got stung in the neck. I immediately jumped up (screaming) and stripped my clothes off (not knowing where the bee had gone). I'm sure it was quite the sight, but it was NOT funny at the time.

Our house has been absolutely infested with bees. We kill at least 50 a day (seriously I'm not exaggerating). We can't figure out where the nest is or how they are getting in. We spray, we suck them up with the vacuum, we smack them with a flyswatter...more just come back with a vengeance. They were mostly hanging out around our big picture window and sliding glass doors but have recently migrated to our bedroom. So, every morning I wake up to buzzing in the window overhead. Now I am completely paranoid. I totally freak out every time a slight breeze brushes my hair or a fly lands on me. Mike has today off so he is heading up to the roof and waging war on them.

2 Comments:

  • At September 02, 2005 11:35 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    I'm on the floor at the image of you jumping, screaming and stripping. That's totally what I would have done but it is still hysterical :)

    I heard that if you kill a bee, it just attracts more bees because it releases a scent that makes them all come and declare war on the enemy. So the vacuum is probably the better option.

    I hate bees. Hope Mike gets it taken care of!

     
  • At September 02, 2005 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yuck! I hate bee's too! They attacked my poor babies the other day...stupid little critters...what good are they anyways? What purpose do they serve. I guess they give us honey...but still....I don't like em.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home