The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rx: Laughter

Below is an excerpt from a devotional called “Moments Together for Couples” by Dennis and Barbara Rainey. Mike and I firmly support the theory that laughter is the prescription for happiness. We laugh together all the time until our stomachs hurt. Many nights we lay in bed trying to get to sleep but we end up laughing for hours. Just when I think I’m able to calm down he will say something to make me burst into giggles and we'll both start all over again. You know what though? We are never mad at each other. It’s impossible! Even when I’m “trying” to be mad at him I can’t…he just makes me laugh and I forget all about whatever it was that I was being so stubborn about. And when times are especially tough, we’ll spend the day together and just have fun. When we laugh (even through the pain), somehow it makes the burdens easier to bear.

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones
Proverbs 17:22

1 Comments:

  • At August 19, 2005 1:05 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    I need to laugh more. I have become so serious, I am a blob. Thanks for reminding me that even God gives a good belly chuckle every now and then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home