The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, August 29, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

I haven't had much time to sort out all the glitches with my blog template because work has been a zoo, and it's hard to do on my home computer where the color is really funky (but I'm trying).

Our secretary Kelly is on a two week Alaskan cruise (last year it was a Hawaiian cruise). Don't you just hate her? So while she's basking in beauty, I'm stuck here--responsible for doing her job, as well as trying to keep up with my own. I also have the added stress of trying to keep the damage that my boss does while she's away to a minimum. He will be the first to tell you that he is no secretary (quite the understatement). For instance, he has been known to wait on customers, write up their order on a scratch piece of paper and then LOSE it. So when they come back to pick up their order, no one knows anything about it (how totally unprofessional)! I am doing my best to shield him from all areas where he could do such damage. And I feel all scatter-brained as I have to stop what I am doing to answer the phone or wait on customers a million times a day. Kelly is extremely organized and meticulous (and she's been doing this job for 15 years), so I'm sure that as hard as I try to keep things under control it will seem like a madhouse to her when she returns.

Four more days!!!