The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Titanic Sails Off!

We had our first music rehearsal for Titanic last night, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. The music is really challenging (even for the people who do this sort of thing all the time). All of the sudden I'm having a sinking (no pun intended) feeling about this whole thing (a little too late, I know). I'm just thinking about all of the rehearsals I will have to miss, and realizing (after seeing the music) that I can't really afford to miss them. I didn't thoroughly think through what a time commitment this would be when I auditioned. For instance, tonight I have aerobics, which I will have to leave early to go to praise band practice, which I will have to leave early to go to Titanic practice! Not to mention I am completely swamped at work (May is referred to as "hell month" at Hit Trophy). I didn't know anyone there, but I'm sure I'll get to know people in time. Plus, the style of music is SO different than I am used to singing. The musical director even called it "borderline opera." Not exactly praise and worship. I'm sure the big picture is just scary and it won't be so bad, but for now the sentiment is...YIKES!

3 Comments:

  • At May 03, 2005 1:08 PM, Blogger Larisa said…

    Jules...don't despair! It can all be done and this is coming from a pro at juggling schedules!!
    "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. The Lord works out everything for his own ends..." The door wouldn't have been opened if you weren't meant to walk through it!!!! Remember, you're NEVER alone in any of it.
    I'm here if you need anything.
    Larisa

     
  • At May 05, 2005 10:31 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Amen Larisa!
    God will give you strength in your weakness!
    Kay

     
  • At May 06, 2005 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    QUIT WHINNING!!!!!!!!! You are a better singer than any else I know. You can and will excel just as you always have!!!!!!

    Love ya!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home