"The Question"
I have discovered that from the moment a couple gets married, people begin to ask when they plan on starting a family. This question was simple enough to ward off in the beginning. "Oh, we just want to take our time and enjoy being married," we would say. This seemed to satisfy most people, at least for a little while. Then our response was "We don’t want a baby until we have a house." Well, as we are approaching our two year anniversary this fall (and have been in our house for nearly a year), it seems we are asked "the question" several times each day, and I for one, am getting a little tired of feeling like I need to come up with excuses as to why we aren't starting a family yet. Every time a friend or relative has a baby we hear "you could be next" [wink, wink] or "doesn't this make you want one?" ...as if we are not complete without a baby. If God did surprise us with a baby obviously it would be a blessing, but we feel perfectly content and complete right now without one. For the record, I think children are awesome and I am so happy for all of my friends and family who are pregnant or have recently had babies. Really, I think it’s great…for them. So to answer the question once and for all, we will start a family when the time is right for US.
PS. Yes, I was sick last week...NO, that does not mean I am pregnant!!!
*stepping off soap box*
PS. Yes, I was sick last week...NO, that does not mean I am pregnant!!!
*stepping off soap box*


1 Comments:
At April 12, 2005 8:47 AM,
Kendra said…
Amen!
I support you in every way! :) When it's God's time and you and Mike's then will be when you have kids.
It's amazing how much talking about personal decisions has somehow become what people think of as their rights to know. People used to not even tell anyone they were pregnant until they started to show. Now people want to know everything!
I'm on that soapbox with you!
Post a Comment
<< Home