The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Circumstances

This came across my inbox some time ago and I re-read it occasionally because I think it is so true. We (especially women) can so easily get caught up in the comparison trap. Even though God’s blessings are all around us, we’re too busy looking at everyone else’s rather than being thankful for our own.

Someone will always be prettier. They will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger and cleaner. They will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school, and their husband will be more romantic and fix more things around the house. So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it...the prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart, and the most highly favored woman at your job may be unable to have children. The richest woman you know (the one with the car, the house and clothes) might be lonely. The Word says if I have not Love, I am nothing. So again, love YOU. Love who you are right now, and let GOD be your barometer. Mirror Him. Look in the mirror in the morning and see how much of God you see. He's the only standard, and even when you come up short he will not leave you or forsake you. Smile, and may God continue to bless you.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home