The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Poor Sydney

Our 7-month-old lab-retriever had surgery yesterday to get "fixed." Mike was so worried about her. Even though they do these procedures every day, he had to sign a paper that said (in his words) "it's not our fault if we kill your dog." He actually packed an overnight bag with her blanket, food, and one of her toys. He then went back to the vet when it was over to check up on her (did I mention he took the day off of work for this). It was so cute.

Thankfully everything went fine and Mike was able to pick her up this morning. She is still sore and has to wear one of those plastic cone things around her neck to prevent her from licking the stitches. Let me tell you, she is NOT a fan of the plastic cone thing. She keeps hitting Mike with it as if to say "get this stupid thing off of me!" He's just glad to have his dog back.

2 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2005 2:04 PM, Blogger Larisa said…

    I guess you don't have to worry about the black dog from down the road now....lol.
    I can't believe Mike actually took a day off! He didn't even want to take off work when he was sick!!!! hahahahahaha......that is too funny :)

     
  • At March 15, 2005 4:12 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Did you beat Mike up for taking a day off for Sydney when he went to Alabama for your surgury?!! Just kidding. I know it was a totally different story. I envy her a little right now actually. You are saving her a lot of discomfort :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home