The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Friday, March 04, 2005

I Surrender All

As a worship leader in a contemporary church, it isn't often I hear hymns anymore. Don't get me wrong, we sing awesome songs with powerful lyrics...but sometimes it's the simple words of an old hymn that breaks me and brings me to me knees.

1. All to Jesus I surrender; all to him I freely give; I will ever love and trust him, in his presence daily live.

Refrain: I surrender all, I surrender all, all to thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender; humbly at his feet I bow, worldly pleasures all forsaken; take me, Jesus, take me now. (Refrain)

3. All to Jesus I surrender; make me, Savior, wholly thine; fill me with thy love and power; truly know that thou art mine. (Refrain)

4. All to Jesus I surrender; Lord, I give myself to thee; fill me with thy love and power; let thy blessing fall on me. (Refrain)

5. All to Jesus I surrender; now I feel the sacred flame. O the joy of full salvation! Glory, glory, to his name! (Refrain)

If only I could sing these words and truly bow at his feet and surrender all instead of holding so tightly to my own futile ways. I always thought as I got older it would become easier to turn things over to the Lord, but actually I have just become more stubborn.

2 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2005 2:08 PM, Blogger Larisa said…

    I re-read this today after I had wrote my own blog and can see what you were saying when you wrote it. Thanks for always being there Jules!
    Love ya

     
  • At April 01, 2005 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Great is Thy faithfulness, O God, my Father.
    There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
    Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not.
    As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
    Great is Thy faithfulness,
    Great is Thy faithfulness.
    Morning by morning, new mercies I see.
    All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.
    Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me." Amen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home