The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Friday, September 09, 2005

Ford Recall

For those of you that haven't heard, Ford is recalling 3.8 million pickups and SUVs from the 1994-2002 model years, including the top-selling F-150 pickup. This is the fifth-largest auto industry recall in U.S. history. The NHTSA said it was reviewing 1,170 allegations of engine fires related to the vehicles and would continue an investigation launched earlier this year. There have been allegations of three deaths in cases cited in news reports or lawsuits in Iowa, Georgia and Arkansas.

I bring this up because Mike drives a 1999 F-150. So yeah, it's nice to know we've been driving around a death trap!

5 Comments:

  • At September 09, 2005 9:10 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    So what happens now? Does Ford give you money or a new vehicle? I've never had anything recalled before.

     
  • At September 09, 2005 9:22 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    yikes! at least you know now. I think Kannels have an F-150 that's probably from those years, too. I'll have to pass it along...though they've probably heard from Heartland I guess.

     
  • At September 09, 2005 9:22 AM, Blogger Jules said…

    No, we just go to a Ford dealership and get it fixed for free. They have a solution to the problem so it's just a matter of going in and repairing it.

     
  • At September 09, 2005 9:44 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    That's good. Praise God nothing happened before you found out!

     
  • At September 09, 2005 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow...it stinks to be ford about now...they have to pay for all that...yikes! Oh...yeah...and I'm glad you didn't die....*wink*.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home