The Mental Ward

The exciting adventures of the Ward family

Monday, September 12, 2005

Unexpected Apology

Today at work we got the most unexpected mail. It was a letter of apology from a boy who had vandalized our sign a few years ago. You see, the name of the business is “Hit Trophy,” and he and some friends had spray painted an "S" on the front of it. Get the picture? He said he was young and immature at that time and was in a period of rebellion. He asked for forgiveness and included a twenty dollar bill for restitution. Can you believe that? Personally, I was impressed that he would have the guts to do such a thing. Though he didn't get caught and years have passed, he still felt it was wrong and wanted to attempt to make it right. Even though we have had many laughs about his prank, I think his letter of apology was pretty impressive.

4 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2005 6:31 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Wow! That's impressive!

    I still don't understand why Tom doesn't change that sign. He didn't choose the right color of gray paint to cover up the "S" and so every time I drive by there, that's what I think of when I see the dark-gray splotch next to "Hit"...surely Tom could at least paint it to match, or at best, cut off the extra blank space so there's no place to paint an "s"!

     
  • At September 13, 2005 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is too funny...gives you a little hope for the future yes?

     
  • At September 14, 2005 2:24 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    We tell him all the time how tacky it looks and that he needs to re-paint the whole sign. He insists someone will drive by while he's painting it and get big ideas and the "S" will be back in no time.

    It kind of reminds me of the fountain at Lakeside. "Do not put soap in fountain." If that isn't an invitation I don't know what is!

     
  • At September 16, 2005 6:46 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Ha...as though people didn't get the ideas every time they see the darker gray splotch :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home